Mapper and all around bad ass Tschoppo has a new map called lts_bellyhazard, which takes place in the gut of a mysterious sea creature. Some say it may be the legendary Octoshark!
Players swash around in this stomach-lined environment, fighting for the right to claim victory over such a beast. But they must fight quickly. Sudden Death brings with it a rising sea of stomach acid to melt players alive!
As you can imagine, the beast has come across undigestable entities throughout its reign on the high seas. You'll notice a viking ship in one of the shots above that was swallowed whole.
To celebrate lts_bellyhazard, we are having a contest. You have until Sunday, December 15, 2013 to submit concept artwork of an object that may find its way into the belly of such an enormous beast. It's up to you -- what may this beast have swallowed?
Post your concept art to either this thread or our Facebook page. You may submit up to two concepts. Any more than that, and we'll only accept the last two submitted.
Two winners will be selected -- one by the team, and one by a vote of the community. Winners will be chosen on creativity and detail of the concept.
Winners will have their concept modeled and placed in the map. They will also have their name placed on the team page as a Contributor and will have the Contributor title on the scoreboard in-game.
Best of luck to everyone! Also, be sure to stop by ModDB to nominate your favorite mods for Mod of the Year! Vote For Us if you feel we deserve to make the top 100!
Pirates, Vikings & Knights II beta 2.6 is now available on Steam. This update includes map changes, game mode enhancements, and balance tweaks.
You can download PVKII beta 2.6 for free through the Steam Store by Clicking Here!
*Note to server owners: You should update your server through the new SteamCMD tool provided by Valve. SteamCMD replaces hldsupdatetool. Click here for details.*
Many players will be happy to know that this update re-introduces the map tw_fort, which has been modified and re-released. Check out the following teaser:
A full changelog is available below. But first, let's have some screenshots!
Our Devs and Testers have been hard at work to bring you scallywags a new update! Pirates, Vikings, and Knights II beta 2.6 will have vast improvements to several maps, enhanced territory features and some class balance changes.
Final tests are being run this weekend. If everything goes well, version 2.6 will be released October 31. Trick or treat!
Of course, with an update comes a trailer:
Here's a sneak peek at the change log (the full version will be released next week):
tw_fort (a new official overhaul of Skjalg's hg_fort, completed by UberMann)
- Appease your gods by spilling the blood of your enemies in a lonely and beautiful fort lost at sea
- Reintroducing a pvkii classic with a complete overhaul, making it shine with new visuals
- Improved optimization and lighting
- Hungry? Challenge your enemies in the all new dining room!
- Reworked spawns, many problematic spawn locations have been removed, safer ones added
- All improved game flow, everything is wider and allows for easier maneuvering
- Many of the old spiral staircases were replaced to combat the heavy clustering of players in those areas
- Enjoy the improved courtyard and supply hallway, which provide better gameplay and visuals!
- Trinket Wars mode
- Fight for swift control and conquest of the colonial town
- Capturing and occupying a territory will provide a slow health regeneration effect for you and any teammate inside of the zone
- Features four territories in "the Haven Port", "Dinah's Well", "Hubb Jubb Stash", and "Bellamy's Balcony" each with their own HUD icons
- Guiding "territory glows" added to every territory with glowing team colors displaying land ownership, and a "white glow territory" for a zone that has yet to have been captured in the round
- Fast capture map taking only six seconds for one player to capture a "white glow territory", and 12 seconds for one player to capture a zone previously held by another team
- Capture time is quicker with more teammates conquering a territory
- Any team that captures all territories and holds control of them for 30 seconds will instantly win the round regardless of ticket count
- Watch out for unforgiving piranhas located in the death pool next to knight's spawn
- Territory mode
We look forward to playing the new maps with everyone! Be sure to check back next week and follow us for future news: Twitter | Facebook | Youtube | Moddb
Finally, if you or someone you know can help with future updates, Join the Team!
We recently sat down with Nicholas Tang from thesmartlocal.com to do an interview on the mod and our new studio. The full interview, with some exclusive pictures, is available on their site.
Here's a few of the questions we were asked:
"Tell us a little more about Octoshark Studios, where it is located, what is the office and people like and how many MacDonald outlets are close by?"
"The mod has been in it's development cycle for 6 years and counting, that is a lot of commitment and dedication to a project which you are willingly releasing for free. Does the formation of Octoshark Studio change any of that philosophical mindset?"
"Does that mean we might see Pirates, Vikings and Knights 2 as a standalone product in the future similar to what Torn Banner Studios did with Chivalry: Medieval Warfare?"
Beginning Sunday, April 28 at 3 pm EST, PVK fans can watch live weekly broadcasts of the Man-at-Arms beta tests. At these live tests, fans may ask questions of the dev team, and will be able to see the Man-at-Arms in action, as well as a few other surprises (new maps, anybody?).
The broadcasts will be hosted by Denshin and Davidian, and will eventually be archived on our Youtube channel. To see what these broadcasts will offer, check out the teaser below:
You may submit your questions early to our Facebook or Twitter pages, or use #pvklive and @pvkiidev during the broadcast to ask them live!
Subscribe to our Youtube channel to stay up-to-date with our videos, and check us out on Twitch.tv. The PVK Dev team will be testing our live broadcast this Saturday by playing a game together. The game choice and time have yet to be decided, so subscribe to our feed for notification.
If you've played in public servers, you've likely come across the hard-to-kill beta tester known as Denshin. If you've been fortunate enough to run into this anomaly of PVK ownage (or unfortunate enough), you've no doubt had your skull split a few times.
Well, Denshin has been kind enough to start a Youtube channel dedicated to commentary that will help get you to his level.
Take, for example, his newest upload, which teaches you the art and importance of using Specials.
For more great instructional videos on the art of wreaking havoc in PVK, be sure you subscribe to his channel. With a little practice, and a lot of patience, you'll be able to return a few skull-splitting blows